img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 550 ? 550: true); }

10.23.2010

Collections Project Part 4: Model Building Time

I used to dread model building in undergrad. Now I'm really excited to see what I can get out of our woodshop in the basement of the CIT building. These are the cut sheets for the collections project model I'm working on today. Thanks to a 7am HD trip, I've got the poplar I need to get working. I'm also going to be reusing some of the redwood from The Gropius Project (presentation yesterday went great).











Working out these sheets took forever (last 5 hours of the 20 I spent in at the studio yesterday) using the floor plans and elevations. I can't wait until we're fully into computer based drafting - once we get to that point, machines can do a lot of this tedious work.

No comments:

Post a Comment