img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 550 ? 550: true); }

11.09.2010

Pine Street Inn Desk Updates

I'm working through the process of construction for the desk. Here are some weekend models out of chipboard and one from yesterday (where I obviously had a scale issue with the two lower bookcases). I think I have the entire thing down to 12 or 13 pieces and hopefully only 2 sheets of plywood. I have some great stain samples that I'll take pictures of tomorrow as well.











I've also got a simple cad model built. Just a few more tweaks and I can order the birch plywood. Fitting all of these pieces on two 4x8 sheets is going to be fun...




OH AND tonight at 10pm the cad drawing file goes onto the laser bed over at the architecture building. It's going to be exciting. Even more exciting will be when I put the thing together in 10 minutes instead of three hours on Wednesday before we see the client again on Thursday.

OH AND I've been completely neglecting my three other classes and assistantship. I hope to enjoy their company later this evening.

OH AND I need to come up with an independent study for Wintersession. I've emailed a few places, just waiting to hear back.

No comments:

Post a Comment