img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 550 ? 550: true); }

11.20.2010

2 Classes left??

I only have two classes left in drawing, building materials and history! What happened? Where did this first semester go?

Yesterday in building materials we each presented four material samples (I had composites) to donate to RISD's tiny and poorly organized Material Library. The Materials Library currently resides in the hallway of a forgotten floor of the Fleet library building but will soon be expanding to a larger, more accessible space.





My four samples were:

Paperstone Paper Countertop Material
Marmoleum Click!
Corian
Maya Romanoff Geode Glass Wallpaper

I thought this was a decent range based on my past working experience, but my classmates brought in some truly amazing samples.



I stick by the glass wallpaper though. I've seen this installed and it's stunning.



Our last project for the class is a materials board (which means more sample collecting) that corresponds with a project we've worked on this semester. I'm using the Shavings Collections project. I need to get working. Samples can take weeks to arrive and this board is due Dec 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment